Luca Protasi - Surveyor
Education and training courses:
- School year 1998/99: he gets his high school diploma with specialisation in surveying at the I.T.C.G. “L. Einaudi” in Chiusi.
- 2001: he gets his CAD certificate, after attending an 800-hour qualification course at the C.F.P. of the Province of Siena, in Sinalunga (course recognised by the Tuscany Region and the European Union).
- 2005: he attends a 120-hour qualification course to be appointed as a Safety Coordinator (former Legislative Decree 494/96, today Legislative Decree 81/08) funded by the Special Construction Workers’ Fund of Siena.
- 2013: he graduates in Geo-Topo-Cartographic, Estimative, Territorial and Construction Sciences at Guglielmo Marconi University in Rome, Faculty of Applied Science and Technology.
- 2014: he takes an OFA test (additional learning obligation) to enroll in the Civil Engineering degree course at Guglielmo Marconi University in Rome.
- 2011: he attends a 24-hour Technical Consultant course organised by the Association of Surveyors of Siena.
- 2012: he attends a 32-hour Property Valuation training course, passing the final exam, at the Association of Surveyors, organized by Guglielmo Marconi University, Department of Energy and Environment headed by Professor Umberto Di Matteo.
- 1999 – 2001: he completes his training period at Trabucco architectural firm in Montepulciano (SI); during these two years, he specialises in architectural surveys and in the preparation of the related drawings (plans, perspective drawings and sections) of buildings to be renovated; preparation of bills of quantities and appraisals to obtain bank loans.
- January 2002 – February 2003: he works as a freelance Technical drafter, for many firms, conducting several architectural and topographic surveys and producing graphs, bills of quantities, appraisals etc. …
- February 2003 – January 2006: he works as a freelance surveyor with his own technical services firm.
- January 2006 – December 2010: he founds and is the legal representative of Gamma Logos Associates.
- 2008 – present: he teaches Technical Drawing and 2D and 3D CAD (using Autodesk AutoCad) at the training agency La Sfinge (Readytec Group) in Chiusi.
- Autumn 2010: he opens Studio Tecnico Protasi, an individual firm, to carry out his professional activity.
During the years of his professional training and technical services, he has the chance to participate in major projects, as a surveyor and designer, such as the renovation of the Bishop’s Palace of Montepulciano, a survey at Chianciano Terme (Acqua Santa park, Fucoli park, health department etc…), the building complex of Poggio alla Sala in Montepulciano, surveys on portions of the Palace of Justice in Rome. The most important projects include: the redevelopment of small business areas, the renovation of rural homesteads and buildings located in the historical centre, as well as the preparation of project-exams for obtaining Fire Prevention certificates for some companies of the Valdichiana. During these years, he also works on some important projects, the construction of the new headquarters of the Volontariato della Misericordia in Montepulciano and later, he joins a top-level group of designers, including Architect Giancarlo Landi, the engineers Fulvio Mannucci and Massimo Marconi, for the restoration of the Bell Tower of Celle sul Rigo (San Casciano dei Bagni). During the five years of activity of Gamma Logos, he deals with major safety plan designs (but also public works, such as the redevelopment of the service area of Pian Falcina for the Belluno Dolomites National Park), without abandoning the building industry, in particular, the design of “green homes”, or better, the renovation of important buildings featuring low temperature heating systems (floor systems), the installation of solar panels, thermo-stoves/fireplaces or pellet burning thermos-stoves, with careful use of building materials and, in general, of the building envelope. With his new firm, he continues his professional growth, which had already began with Gamma Logos. He consolidates the professional synergies aimed at creating high quality and innovative renovation and construction projects; he carries out cadastral and surveying activities, including appraisals and technical reports, worksite safety and fire prevention, and he keeps working as a Technical Consultant at the Court of Montepulciano.